The best will whistle – New Referee committee is ON!
Under the tightened situation in the world, important selections and elections are still being done.
During March 2020, besides the Referee Committee, Marketing Committee, Development Committee and member of the Development Committee in charge of women's development, there were more committee Chairmen and its members appointed.
As for Referee Committee, some truly experienced stars gathered together.
Nemanja Ljumovic’s name and background are known from before.
He referred to the possible establishment of the new Committee earlier: “First of all, thank you for giving me the opportunity and trust to be on the position such as Head of the referee committee."
Appointed referee committee team:
1. Nemanja Ljumović (Montenegro) – Head of the referee committee
2. Fernando Pena (Mexico) – member, with 25 years of experience as a referee of indoor soccer and seven a side; Chairman of Referees in PAMF.
3. Jeffrey Goh (Singapore) – member, with firm experience in FIFA and about 386 matches including various cup finals, championship finals, games, qualifiers, and friendly matches.
4. Mohamed Skander Dhabhi (Tunisia) – member, with Ph.D. in Economics, in parallel an International minifootball referee with WMF, background in Tunisian football federation, and completion of FIFA FUTURO 2014 for the elite referees.
5. Jaroslav Pakosta (Czech Republic) – member referee trainer, with a decade of experience as a referee with more than 150 matches with EMF and WMF, and currently he is in a Referee Committee as Guarantor of Training and Licensing system and matches observer.
With such an experience, a referee is also a judge. The one we must trust.
The year 2020 was a tough one indeed. But we managed to keep the best ideas alive, preserve our energy, and highlight the positive outcomes in the end. The best is yet to come, and we are conveying...
On 21st of November 2020 at 3 PM CET, the WMF General Assembly will be held online, as informed by the Secretary General Mrs. Zorica Hofman.
WMF General assembly will be held according to the current circumstances and in a somewhat different form this time, namely: online.